Friday, July 10, 2009

Part 3.

Ok, I'm back from training day 5. We (the class) had done an event known as the "cohesion room," in which we felt all sorts of pain. But we came together as a squad and finished it out. I was screaming at the top of my lungs. SCREAMING. I had puddles of sweat underneath where I exercised. I was tired, the fear left me, and highly motivated so that I could do one more round (it was two "rounds" lasting about an hour and 15 minutes each of non-stop exercises with 14 or so stations). At the end, I started counting off reps, utilizing my "Marine Corps command voice," sounding completely motarded but it helped. The men around me counted with me. It was glorious.
And at the end of it all, I could keep going. WE could keep going.

More to post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment