Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Part 4.

So, training day 6, 7, and 8 passed.
We did something off the wall for physical training today.
Run with the bone to the Obstacle Course, do the O course 3 times, then did a long, long, LONG session of different exercises from station to station (in which there were many of them). Despite my weakness, we pulled through. At the end of it, we had to run up the big hill again, shout our squad, class number and run back down the hill. All this physical training for about 4 and a half hours. Technically 5, including our warmup. In a flak jacket. We (my squad), WON. 1st time winning a squad competition to which we could give the bone away. The other squad had trouble with it. We didn't. Working together as a team is one of the hardest, most painful, and rewarding experiences in doing these exercises. We kicked ass.
I'm in the process of unwinding and caring for my injuries at the moment (which is something I'm fighting through), and I'm ok.

What's to take from here?
Adversity makes a person view their true selves. Make it your best self.

1 comment:

  1. "Adversity makes a person view their true selves."

    I like it. There are copious amounts of truth in this.

    ReplyDelete