Friday, July 24, 2009

Part 5.

After two more hell-like weeks, I succeeded where others have failed. I have pressed on, while hungry, tired, and in pain. I kept going. And here I stand, a certified USMC Martial Arts Instructor. I found that within myself, as I tell myself to keep going, I will, do, and I've done.

While going through the "Gladiator" and "Immortal Braveheart" martial arts field exercises, and while going through the last cohesion room, I have seen myself press on through the pain, not giving up. I made a bet with myself during this time; the only time I quit is when I fall. Not literally, but in a metaphoric sense; it's when I can't get up is when I quit. And I can always get back up.

"If you're not dead, you just quit," is a statement in big black lettering at Camp Horno's pool...which is something I'm trying to live by. That statement pretty much got me through everything, not to mention the backing from my squad, instructors, and classmates.

My point being is that you can always press on. You can always keep going. You can always accomplish more, as long as you set your mind to it, and not let it fail you. Through hunger, fatigue, pain...all that means is that as long as you press on through it, your mind becomes stronger and you can't fail unless you die or pass out. (it helps if you drink a lot of water)

2 comments:

  1. hey, it is your sister in law's sister. Congrats! I found your blog through your mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty badass! I wanna do it just because it sounds so hard. I am impressed and intimidated though.

    ReplyDelete